Saturday, August 6, 2016

Like I'm Gonna Lose You - Meghan Trainor

Like I'm Gonna Lose You - Meghan Trainor


Cover by Jemma Johnson

In the blink of an eye
Just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything
The truth is you never know

So I'll kiss you longer baby
Any chance that I get
I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets

Let's take our time
To say what we want
Use what we got
Before it's all gone
'Cause no, we're not promised tomorrow

So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing
I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

--------------------------

Really love Jemma Johnson's voice.
An underrated YouTube singer.
There is just that something extra with acoustic covers slowing down the melody and allowing listeners to feel and really engage with the lyrics .
I also really love Jemma's cover of Love Story by Taylor Swift


Maybe I have lost my ability to love and trust.
For now I am happily connecting with love songs on a less intimate but appreciative level.

So much to do, so little time.
There is strength and will from within that drives me to continue.
I have changed.
I have grown.
I am happier.
I am free

~ 6.8.16 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment