Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor (original by Prince)

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor (original by Prince)



It's been so lonely without you here

Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong
I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to the doctor guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said girl you better try to have fun no matter what you do
But he's a fool
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares to you


-------------------------------------------------

I know I shouldn't compare, but I can't help it.
I miss the guy that would drop everything for me.
I miss the guy who would prioritise me and put me above all else.
I miss the guy who made me feel loved without me asking or hinting him to.
He may not verbally be the most romantic or affectionate, but I knew he loves me.
He did not need to utter empty words or promises, his actions spoke louder than words.
He sometimes knew me better than I know myself.
I felt safe and secure in that relationship.
It's the little things that matter.

I am suppose to be happy in a relationship.
But, I'm not.
I'm, sad.

I don't want to continuously bring up the same things like a broken record player.
I can't help but compare you to what I used to have.
I'm not even frustrated anymore.

The minimal contact.
Awkward silences.
I don't know what to do anymore.
I don't know what to say anymore.
I don't know what I want anymore.

Guess I'll just get lost in work.

Forget about my loneliness.
Forget about my feelings.
Forget about my needs.
Forget about you...
Forget about us...

I feel so...

Alone.

~ 22.02.17 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment