Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dear No One - Tori Kelly

Dear No One - Tori Kelly


Leroy Sanchez's cover

I like being independent 
Not so much of an investment 
No one to tell me what to do
I like being by myself
Don't gotta entertain anybody else
No one to answer to

But sometimes, I just want somebody to hold
Someone to give me the jacket when it's cold
Got that young love even when we're old
Yea sometimes, I want somebody to grab my hand
Pick me up, pull me close, be my man
I will love you till the end

So if you're out there I swear to be good to you
But I'm done lookin, for my future someone 
Cause when the time is right you'll be here but for now
Dear No One this is your love song

I don't really like big crowds
I tend to shut people out
I like my space yeah
But I love to have a soul mate
And God'll give him to me some day
And I know it will be worth the wait

---------------

Soul mates are worth the wait.
I swear to be good to you.
When the time is right you'll be here.
For now I will focus on working on myself and learning to love myself.
I am a lot happier and confident than who I was a year ago.
I love my independence and space but will never take moments spent with you for granted.
I refuse to be clingy and do not wish to be smothered either.
I am eager to learn new things and do things together but will also draw the line and wish you to have your own space.
I embrace games and flirting but need to trust, be trusted and not play games with each other's heart.
Test the boundaries and once the line has been crossed do not cross it again.
Immaturity and playfulness to keep things exciting but maturity and manning up when it matters.
Tenacious but willing to compromise without losing sight of principles and individuality.
Open communication both ways and again, trust.
I wish to trust some one again.
For now I am done looking.
When it happens I will love you till the end.

-- 19.4.16 --

No comments:

Post a Comment