Sunday, January 3, 2016

A New Year...

2016 wasn't quite the start I was expecting.

The "count down" was a bit disappointing but still got to spend it with the people I care about - my best friend, our friends, and... my "friend".

Lately I have hung out with him in a group a lot and feel him trying to distance himself from me but there are moments when I feel like I do matter to him...

I know he can be an arse.
I know he can be stubborn.
I know he can be a boy at times.
I know he frustrates me so much at times.
I know but I just can't control how I feel...
What is wrong with me? 
Why is it so hard to let go?

Hes not one to take care of himself and put others before himself, even at the expense of his own health, I just can't help but be worried...
Even when he tells me not to worry I just can't help it...
Trying not to care, but I still do... 
Despite him telling me not to have hope, I'm just...... GAH!
It is so frustrating.

Life is short.
Would spending time like this be considered a "waste of my time"? 
What am I expecting from all this?
Being honest to myself, I know there is still a part that hopes.
It is hope that keeps you going right?
It is hope that gets you out of bed every morning right?
But what do I really hope for?
A "happily ever after"?
Yes... A girl can only dream.
Dream is all that I have left. 
Dream to keep me going.
Dream...

-- 3/1/16 --

No comments:

Post a Comment