Friday, March 25, 2016

Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne




Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.

Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.

She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.

She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.

She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.

-----------------------------------------------------
There is an emptiness inside that is gnawing at me.
I am hiding my feelings, my true self.
Focusing on others, focusing on my career, trying to fill the void.
The void is my vice.
It did not exist until I became acquainted with the longing for love. 

I am addicted to the feeling of love - to love someone and feel loved.
A hopeless romantic, willing it give it all and burn in flames if it is what it takes.
I am a train wreck, bound for catastrophe and self destruction. 

I lose my sense of self and purpose, I lose me.
Trying to let go, but the little things still make my heart bleed.
Trying not to care, but I all I want to do is curl up and cry.
I am broken inside.

-- 26.3.16 -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment